These words are fully descriptive of a future judgment.
In which observe, 1. The necessity of a future judgment, We must, willing or unwilling.
2. The universality of this judgment, We must all.
3. The person by whom, and before whom, we must be judged, Christ.
4. The manner of this judgment, All must appear, and be made manifest, both persons and actions.
5. The matter about which we shall be judged, The things done in the body.
6. The end of all this inquisiton, to be punished or rewarded according to our actions.
Learn, 1. That there will certainly come a day, when every person that ever lived in this world, shall be judged by Jesus Christ: We must all appear before the judgment-seat of Christ.
Learn, 2. That every man's judgment and sentence at the great day shall proceed and be pronounced according to what he has done in the flesh, be it food or bad, that every one may receive the things done in his body, &c.